Women of Crestwood are invited to play ice hockey (shinny) at the City of Edmonton
indoor Crestwood Arena (147 St and 100 Ave).
The program is primarily intended for residents of Crestwood but any female friends or community neighbors are welcome. We play at the beginner to intermediate level.
Registration of about $200 per player for the winter season (Sept. to March) is required
by the end of September.
We play every second Thursday evening starting on the last Thursday in September from
9:00 to 10:00 pm at the Crestwood Indoor Rink. There are 12 ice slots per season.
Additional scrimmages will be held at the Crestwood Community Hall on Saturday
mornings at 10 am in December when the ice is ready. Women of all ages are welcome to
drop-in to play.
There is no charge for participating in the outdoor hockey on Saturdays.
Below are some of the guidelines used by the players when participating in Crestwood
Classics Hockey / Shinny:
- Please bring a light and dark colour jersey.
- We create teams by draw each week.
- We play shinny and rotate positions so that everyone has either time in the goal
and/or time on the bench.
- We have a few new players every season. Everyone please put some tape on their
helmet and write their name on it, large enough to see a few feet away.
- No one is dressed as a true goalie, so we ask that no one raises the puck when they
shoot on goal.
- The skill level of players varies considerably; we are all there for fun, exercise and
improvement. Share the puck, the play and the laughter.
- Although we recommend all hockey gear, we minimally require a helmet with a cage and a neck guard. The rest is up to you.
Contact Angelee Zon (780) 454-5416 email@example.com