• The Alberta Government is still prohibiting outdoor group physical activity where maintaining two meters of physical distance is not possible or where the activity includes more than 10 persons.
• Sports like hockey and ringette are still not allowed.
• The Alberta Government is not restricting the use of equipment on the ice rinks (for example: nets, sticks, and pucks).
*Prohibiting these items on your ice is up to your League.
• Concession stands are still prohibited.
• The rink shack must remain closed (unless for bathroom purposes).
• Ice rink group activities (for example: learn to skate) are still capped at 10 people with 2-metres of physical distancing and previous free-skate ice rink capacities are in effect.
PLEASE NOTE: The maximum number of users allowed on the ice at one time for free skate is 50 people.
*If you use the calculation provided in the Biz Connect guideline and get a number greater than 50 then your capacity limit is 50 people.
- Schools are allowed to rent/use the ice rinks so long as participation is limited to students undertaking an education program at the school or postsecondary institution.
Spectators are not permitted at this time.