This manual is to be used in conjunction with and to elaborate upon items included in the Crestwood Community League bylaws and Facility Rental Agreement. These policies and procedures are a guide for hall renters and for community league volunteers responsible for hall rentals. Crestwood Community League will herein be referred to as CCL.
CCL hall is for the exclusive use of the residents within the boundaries of Crestwood community who are fully paid members of the CCL or individuals who have been sponsored by a Community Member.
There will be no charge for rentals to CCL sport teams, committees, social functions or CCL sponsored programs.
The seating capacity of the CCL hall has three categories determined by the fire marshal. This maximum number pertains to all participants including catering, kitchen and service personnel. Renters must not have more than the capacity in order to comply with the Fire Marshal. Renters will be responsible for any fines incurred should an official inspection take place during the event.
DINING & BEVERAGE CAPACITY-SEATED/TABLES: 144
CAPACITY FOR SEATED ASSEMBLY STYLE: 230
CAPACITY FOR SEATED/TABLES (NO ALCOHOL): 180
Rental Fee Schedule:
CCL Booking fee (to secure rental date): $50.00
CCL Hall damage deposit for evening/weekend events: $800.00
CCL hall damage deposit for children’s birthday events: $300.00
Key deposit: $100.00
BBQ rental: $50.00
Hall rental fee is $50.00/hr
Boardroom rental fee is $20.00/hr
Weekend event rental fee for hall is $600.00 (from 5:00 pm Friday until 10:00am Sunday)
Weekend event rental fee for boardroom is $100.00 (same hrs as above)
**Special rental fee for children’s birthday parties is $100.00 for 3 hrs.***
A clean up list is posted in the kitchen, janitor room and table storage room. Renters must complete all lists of clean up duties.
These duties include:
- ENSURE ALL TABLES AND CHAIRS ARE WIPED DOWN AND PUT AWAY NEATLY IN STORAGE ROOM
- DRY MOP OR SWEEP ALL FLOOR AREAS – main hall, kitchen, bathrooms, & front entrance
- MOP MAIN HALL AND KITCHEN FLOOR- IF THE FLOOR IS NOT LEFT IN A CLEAN CONDITION A $50 CHARGE WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE DAMAGE DEPOSIT
- SPONGE UP SPILLS ON BOARD ROOM CARPET
- REMOVE ALL DECORATIONS AND SIGNS AND THE TAPE OR STRING USED – damage from using the inappropriate attachment will result in repair charges
- WIPE DOWN ALL SURFACE AREAS IN KITCHEN AND BATHROOMS – this includes cupboard fronts
- CHECK TO MAKE SURE ALL TAPS AND TOILETS HAVE NO RUNNING WATER – kitchen, bathrooms, janitor room
- WIPE DOWN ALL SURFACE AREAS ON APPLIANCES IN KITCHEN
- ENSURE STOVES, DISHWASHER AND COFFE POT ARE TURNED OFF. FOLLOW POSTED INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE. DO NOT UNPLUG COFFEE MAKER
- TAKE AWAY ALL FOOD AND EMPTY BOTTLES
- BAG ALL GARBAGE AND PUT BAGS IN LARGE BIN IN PARKING LOT
- CHECK TO MAKE SURE WINDOWS IN THE KITCHEN AND BOARD ROOM ARE CLOSED AND LOCKED
- CHECK THAT ALL WINDOW COVERINGS ARE IN DOWN POSITION
- ENSURE ALL DOORS TO THE DECK ARE LOCKED
- ENSURE THE DECK LIGHTS ARE TURNED OFF
- TURN OFF ALL LIGHTS – main hall, kitchen, bathrooms, coat, janitor and storage rooms
- LOCK FRONT DOOR AS YOU ARE LEAVING
- RETURN KEYS
Event cancellations must be made in writing to the CCL hall rental agent. Events cancelled more than thirty (30) days prior to the booked event will receive a full refund of $50.00 booking fee. Cancellations made less than thirty (30) days prior to event date will receive a 50% refund of their $50.00 booking fee and no rent will be charged. Cancellations made within seven (7) days of event date will not receive any of the $50.00 booking fee. If, for any reason, the CCL is unable to honor a booking, the full refund of all monies will be made back to Renter.
Renters must allow time during their rental period to set up and clean up the CCL hall. Equipment or materials may not be delivered to CCL hall prior to the booked times unless special permission has been granted in advance by the CCL agent. All equipment and material must be removed immediately after he event within the rental period. At no time will vehicles be permitted on the pathways or grass/parkland for delivery or removal of equipment or materials.
The hall is equipped with an electronic opening door. The door can be keyed into the opening electronic function if a request is made to the CCL renting agent.
Any decorations used inside and/or outside the hall must not leave any visible marks when removed. Failure to remove all decorations, including materials used to affix decorations within the rental period will result in an additional charge of not less than $50.00
Animals of any kind are NOT permitted in the CCL hall, except service animals.
Food & Alcohol
An AGLC liquor permit must be purchased by the renter prior to the event, if alcohol is to be served, sold or stored at the CCL hall. The permit must be posted in the area where alcohol will be dispensed.
Renters must purchase a third party liability insurance policy with a minimum of $2,000,000.00 coverage. CCL accepts no responsibility that does or may ensue as a result of the distribution of alcohol. Please refer to the liquor permit rules and regulations.
CCL reserves the right to terminate the sale/distribution of alcoholic beverages upon the direction of a CCL agent.
Alcoholic beverage distribution is restricted to the CCL hall and patio only. No liquor is permitted in the playground and surrounding areas, including sidewalks, rinks, tennis courts and parking lot.
Drink are the responsibility of the Renter.
The Catering food handling permit is the responsibility of any renter or their caterer.
The renter is required to remove all their food and drink items, supplies and equipment from the kitchen area at the end of the rental period. Dishes must be sanitized in the commercial dish washer prior to being returned to the cupboards. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the damage deposit.
Smoking is prohibited in all CCL buildings. Smoking is only permitted in the far corner of the parking lot. Cigarette receptacles are located near entry doors.
There are approximately 25 parking spots, not exclusive to the renters. Please use common sense when parking vehicles on side streets near a residence or driveway. There is one (1) handicapped stall available next to the entry walkway.
Inappropriate behavior by the renter and/or their guests or invitees may result in the cancellation of the event at the discretion of a CCL agent without a refund of rental fee. Inappropriate behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Obstruction of exits, doorways, stairwells or passageways
- Willful destruction of and or damage to the CCL facilities, property or equipment.
- Failure to abide by any of the hall rental policies and procedures.
- Perceived danger to the participants, guests, volunteers or staff.
- Failure to abide by city noise bylaws.
- Park and playground use is limited from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm
Use of the parkland for more than 50 people requires a permit.
Erection of tents or other structures requires permission and possibly a development permit.
Permits are required for outside activities including fireworks, hot air balloons, rockets, model aircrafts etc…
You can reach out to Stacey Leach firstname.lastname@example.org or 311 for information on how to obtain a permit.